Rule Britannia
Last Monday, June 13th, I was admitted to the Earth Sciences Department at the University of Bristol. Starting in October, I will be studying for my Master's Degree in the Palaeontology (notice the British spelling) Research Group there. What does that mean for me? I'm no stranger to Britain - I spent the first couple of years of my life in London, and I've been back since. I've never lived in another country, though, and I imagine the culture shock will be extreme. So, for your - the Internet viewing audience's - entertainment, I thought I'd learn how to blog in order to chronicle what are sure to be my many misadventures. Why 'The Avon Stream,' you ask? Well, the city of Bristol is at the mouth of the River Avon, the same river running through Stratford where Shakespeare was born. Now, I'm not going to pretend that these blogs will live up to Shakespearian standards, but hopefully they'll be entertaining and edifying. I certainly look forward to reporting back as I traipse through Bristol and the rest of Great Britain. Here's hoping you all enjoy it too.
Cheers!
Cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home