This is Not an Exciting Post
But what is exciting is the White Sox winning the World Series! It's no big deal over here, of course, but I can just imagine the scene in Chicago. As it has nothing to do with England, I won't belabor the point, but I really am glad. Chicago fans are fans for the right reasons: it's all about having a good time, win or lose (though, naturally, wins are preferred). Famously, they've mostly lost, so it's good to see one of their teams come through for them. For the first time in a long while, I actually wish I were back in Chicago right now. Of course, that'll change come winter.
After one class this morning, I met with Sarda about my project, had lunch with her, Manabu, and Graeme, and then found myself with an empty afternoon and gorgeous weather. I went for a walk in Leigh Woods, across the river from Clifton (I hope you all saved that map of Bristol link I posted a while back...). It was a nice English forest, with excellent views of the Avon Gorge, but nothing too thrilling. I had hoped for a dormouse or peregrine falcon sighting, but all I saw were pigeons, crows, and some inquisitive dogs. The only truly exciting part was walking across the suspension bridge in stiff winds, which really was quite an experience. Then it was back home to work on papers. Notice a theme to the way these entries end?
After one class this morning, I met with Sarda about my project, had lunch with her, Manabu, and Graeme, and then found myself with an empty afternoon and gorgeous weather. I went for a walk in Leigh Woods, across the river from Clifton (I hope you all saved that map of Bristol link I posted a while back...). It was a nice English forest, with excellent views of the Avon Gorge, but nothing too thrilling. I had hoped for a dormouse or peregrine falcon sighting, but all I saw were pigeons, crows, and some inquisitive dogs. The only truly exciting part was walking across the suspension bridge in stiff winds, which really was quite an experience. Then it was back home to work on papers. Notice a theme to the way these entries end?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home