So tired, tired of waiting...
The original word was that I would get Internet access in my house today. That's fallen through, but the company says they'll have it in by Wednesday. So, I'm afraid all you anxious readers out there will have to wait for a couple more days before I'm able to post my week and a half of backlogged entries.
Things are still going well here, outside of this Internet fiasco. I just started classes today (after what seems like an exceptionally long time), and so far, so good on that front. I went to London on Saturday, about which those of you who are interested will be able to a great deal when I'm able to post that day's entry. Other than that, it's status quo here (status quo in England being a very different animal than status quo in the States, granted). I'm in the library as I write this, so I suppose I should take advantage of that and get ahead on my reading. Off I go, then!
Things are still going well here, outside of this Internet fiasco. I just started classes today (after what seems like an exceptionally long time), and so far, so good on that front. I went to London on Saturday, about which those of you who are interested will be able to a great deal when I'm able to post that day's entry. Other than that, it's status quo here (status quo in England being a very different animal than status quo in the States, granted). I'm in the library as I write this, so I suppose I should take advantage of that and get ahead on my reading. Off I go, then!

1 Comments:
Plimsoll, Samuel (plĭm'səl) , 1824–98, English reformer. Plimsoll was particularly interested in the welfare of sailors. As a member of Parliament (1868–80) he secured legislation limiting the loading of ships. It required that a line be painted on the sides of all British merchant vessels to show the limit of submergence allowed by law. This line has come to be known as Plimsoll's mark. He wrote Our Seamen (1872). -Answers.com
Post a Comment
<< Home