The Avon Stream

Downstream from Shakespeare and upstream from Cabot

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

30 November 2005

Insect Length & Ivy Leagues

Sorry for the radio silence these last few days, but there's been little to nothing to write about. Today wasn't much more exciting: we learned about prehistoric "sea scorpions." While that isn't very thrilling in and of itself, the opening to the lecture was a scale drawing of the largest known arthropods, which was really very impressive. I scoured the web for it in hopes of posting it here, but with no luck. I should also mention that one of the animals in the drawing was a giant stick insect, which has me itching to go back to the zoo to track theirs down (I really am going to find it one of these days...).
Other than that, I broke the grad school mold and contacted two universities out East today - Harvard and Columbia. They do have good programs, and I suppose there's no harm in trying. At least they have baseball there...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, you get to study sea scorpions and other gigantic arthropods. When you're back in town we're going to discuss meanings of "interesting." Granted it is not Pleistocene extinctions...

So don't hold us in suspense, what is the largest arthropod?

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home