Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
This term is ending on a hell of a crescendo. Five hundred words on Cope's Rule (Which isn't even a real "rule!" Jeez!), a thousand words on fossil exhibits in museums, another thousand on my research project, a web page about pterosaurs, and an essay test to top it all off. Good news is, I'm way ahead of the game and after tomorrow all that will be left is the museum essay and the finishing touches on my web page (let's ignore the 500 word essay on polar forests I'll get assigned tomorrow). Then...(relative) freedom!I tried to run down to the city library to get some books (they are often a better source than the university library, sadly enough), but they were closed. The only thing that really came out of that was a picture of the city council building that I've posted at the top of this entry. More productively, I submitted my first PhD applications today! Oregon and New Mexico, here I come! They've got to at least interview me this time right? I'm also thinking of adding UCLA and USC to my list of programs - I know it's LA, but they have really good departments. Maybe Idaho State, Montana State, Colorado, Calgary, and Alberta as well, depending on where I feel like falling on the quality/quantity scale. That disjointed train of thought is all I've got for today. I need my sleep for the exam tomorrow, and I'm not even going to try and come up with a witty ending to this post (you can see the disastrous and nonsensical results I might come up with just by looking at today's title).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home