The Avon Stream

Downstream from Shakespeare and upstream from Cabot

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

25 November 2005

Murder Most Foul

Hopefully this post will satisfy those of you who have been asking for a picture of my house (you know who you are) as well as those that want to know about the weather (yes, you know who you are too). If you'll look to your left, you'll see the courtyard of my house (my room is the lower one). You'll also observe that there's snow on the roof. It did in fact snow last night, though only a very insignificant dusting. Still, I think that's more than they're used to getting here, which is just as well as even a centimeter or so was enough to make walking and driving the hills here a risky proposition.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I was coming to terms with missing it for the first time in my life yesterday when I learned that the rest of my house was putting together a dinner. I found this a bit odd, as I'm the only American here, but you just don't second-guess Thanksgiving dinner, so I fell in stride. It turned out to be excellent, and it was good to spend some time with my housemates, who I see remarkably little of. We also played a really outstanding party game after dinner. I think it was called Mafioso, and the point of it is basically to keep yourself from getting "murderered." The rules get really arcane, but the main idea is to protect your own neck at all costs, almost always by resorting to deceit, lying, and even treachery. Whether or not I should be proud of this, I don't know, but I was a natural (I hasten to point out that I was never treacherous, just deceitful and mendacious). It's nice to know that people are willing to believe me even if I'm in the wrong, and I may have to consider a career change to law or politics after this.
Speaking of my career, I'm finally in the clear assignment-wise, as I handed in my last minor essay from last term this afternoon. What do I plan to do with my newfound freedom? Well, tomorrow I'm going to work on my dinosaur fossil record paper, but Sunday I plan to train up to Oxford. Hopefully that will supply me with a new batch of stories and photos, so stay tuned!

Tangent: My spellchecker is at it again, but no matter what it says, 'osmotic' is not an acceptable replacement for 'housemates.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home