I'm still here...
...but soon I'll be back in Seattle! Sorry, everybody, for my total lack of posts these last few days. I will try and be more diligent in the future. I certainly hope no one out there is relying on me for their sole source of entertainment...
As I'll be home so soon, I won't go into much detail on things; I have to leave myself with a few stories to tell everybody, after all. Here's a quick rundown of the last few days.
-I finished up with PhD applications (except for a few things I'll be sending from home). The final list turns out to be Washington, Oregon, USC, Colorado, and Columbia, in case anyone cares.
-I've already been invited to an (informal) interview at USC, and I may be flying down there for a day in early January to do so! Exciting stuff, even if it is far from my first choice.
-Went to King Kong with Manabu. It was a really superb movie (and not just a stupid action flick), though we took issue with the appearance of some of the dinosaurs. Oh well, nothing's perfect.
-I checked off one of the main items on my 'to do while in England' list by going to hear Handel's Messiah at St. Mary Redcliffe (that Gothic church I waxed so ecstatic about in one of my early posts). The music was, of course, excellent, but we all agreed that probably the most interesting thing was a whale rib brought back from Newfoundland by John Cabot himself.
There are probably more things worth mentioning, but I will tell you all about them in the coming weeks. Until then, I hope everyone's doing well, and I can't wait to see you all.
As I'll be home so soon, I won't go into much detail on things; I have to leave myself with a few stories to tell everybody, after all. Here's a quick rundown of the last few days.
-I finished up with PhD applications (except for a few things I'll be sending from home). The final list turns out to be Washington, Oregon, USC, Colorado, and Columbia, in case anyone cares.
-I've already been invited to an (informal) interview at USC, and I may be flying down there for a day in early January to do so! Exciting stuff, even if it is far from my first choice.
-Went to King Kong with Manabu. It was a really superb movie (and not just a stupid action flick), though we took issue with the appearance of some of the dinosaurs. Oh well, nothing's perfect.
-I checked off one of the main items on my 'to do while in England' list by going to hear Handel's Messiah at St. Mary Redcliffe (that Gothic church I waxed so ecstatic about in one of my early posts). The music was, of course, excellent, but we all agreed that probably the most interesting thing was a whale rib brought back from Newfoundland by John Cabot himself.
There are probably more things worth mentioning, but I will tell you all about them in the coming weeks. Until then, I hope everyone's doing well, and I can't wait to see you all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home