The Avon Stream

Downstream from Shakespeare and upstream from Cabot

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

02 February 2006

¡Olé!

One of the things I'm really warming to about Europe is the fact that for an obscenely low price, you can hop on a plane, fly for an hour or two, and wind up in a completely foreign culture. I learned that today when I bought tickets to Madrid. I'll be going for a few days at the beginning of March, in the lull between classes. I had no inkling of traveling to Spain this morning, but I stumbled across the Easyjet website today, and they had a sale on flights to Berlin and Madrid. I opted to look into Madrid, as I've never been to Southern Europe, and I've always wanted to see Spain. After much deliberation, I bought the tickets just a few minutes before the sale ended at midnight. So, if any of you have ever been to Madrid, I'd be more than open for suggestions. Unlike Denmark, I'll at least understand the language there, which will be nice, I'm sure. It will at least mean that I can look at a menu or sign without drifting off into a fog of confusion. Speaking the language, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter...
In other news, it's my weekend now! There is one unmitigatedly good thing about Sedimentology: the fact that it only meets from Monday through Wednesday, leaving me with a four day weekend for the rest of the term. Of course, it looks like most of that time will be spent working on my research project, but still, how many of you have more days off a week than you do of work? Huh? Thought so.

1 Comments:

Blogger ThePlanetMike said...

Madrid is cool! I'm excited for you. Oddly, the only thing I remember is the department store, El Corte Ingles. So check that out, I guess.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home