The Avon Stream

Downstream from Shakespeare and upstream from Cabot

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

01 April 2006

Knowledge is Good

Well, it has indeed been a while since I've updated this, but that's not for want of things to talk about. Kirsten has been in town, and we gallivanted across a big swath of Southern Britain: Cardiff, London (including Greenwich, where we took this oh-so-lovely shot - don't let the photo fool you, as it actually rained most of the trip), Stonehenge, Salisbury, and, of course, Bristol. Good times.
I won't bore you all with travel stories, but I will let you all in on a bit of good news. On Thursday, after a long, wet walk in the rain back from the train station, I learned that I'd been accepted to the PhD program at the University of Oregon! Not only does that mean I get to go to school on the set of Animal House (a bit of a dubious honor, to be sure) but it looks as though I'll be able to study exactly what I wanted to (ecological recovery after the Permian Extinction, for those of you that care). It's even been suggested that I'll "have to" do some museum work in Cape Town as a part of the research. Wouldn't that be a shame...

P.S. - I contacted Mike to let him know that I got in and to thank him for writing letters of recommendation for me, and he went ahead and did this. Check out #30.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the party may be moving to Oregon? Let me be the first to say congrats on becoming a Duck!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home