
Let me once again stress the beauty of being in a country where you can get pretty much anywhere by taking a quick train ride. We spent today in Bath, which I know I've talked about before, but it really is a fun pace. It is one of the most beautiful, and easily the most English, city in England. Not only is it gorgeous, but it was noticeably warmer than Bristol, for which both of us were very thankful. It was a great day: an impromptu organ recital in the Abbey, a visit to a Georgian house on the Royal Crescent, and a trip to a German toy store. The real highlight, though, was probably our lunch at a Nepalese restaurant (the outstandingly named Yak Yeti Yak, just across the Pulteney Bridge - the photo at left - from the center of town), which turns out to be very much like Indian food, but more savory. I should also point out another advantage of having one's mother in town: cab rides to and from the train station rather than the half-hour-each-way slog across town.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home