Passion live here!
No, I have no idea what exactly that vaguely sketchy phrase is supposed to mean either. It was what was posted on an Olympics countdown clock that I saw online today. Apparently it was translated directly from Italian, though I'm still not sure what precisely the intention was. At least the Olympics are finally here, which we can all be happy about.
Today was also the first official day of my research project, which I announced to the rest of the paleo program in a presentation this afternoon. The presentation itself went very well, but the questions afterwards? Well, we won't dwell on those. At any rate, I'm now "on the clock" for my project, and I'm sure things will get very busy from here on out.
Several of us had dinner this evening, after which I saw a fox in the park, which was very exciting, let me tell you.
However, it wasn't all positives today: turns out I won't be going to Washington for a PhD next year. That's a shame, as it was easily my first choice, by leaps and bounds. Things are a little dismal on the grad school front as a consequence, so I'm not going to go into any more detail just now.
Thank goodness for the luge competition starting tomorrow...that'll be a good time.
Today was also the first official day of my research project, which I announced to the rest of the paleo program in a presentation this afternoon. The presentation itself went very well, but the questions afterwards? Well, we won't dwell on those. At any rate, I'm now "on the clock" for my project, and I'm sure things will get very busy from here on out.
Several of us had dinner this evening, after which I saw a fox in the park, which was very exciting, let me tell you.
However, it wasn't all positives today: turns out I won't be going to Washington for a PhD next year. That's a shame, as it was easily my first choice, by leaps and bounds. Things are a little dismal on the grad school front as a consequence, so I'm not going to go into any more detail just now.
Thank goodness for the luge competition starting tomorrow...that'll be a good time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home