The Avon Stream

Downstream from Shakespeare and upstream from Cabot

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

21 February 2006

More free beer!

Once again, our rag-tag group of U of B international students ("The United Nations") has sidled over to the local pub for Quiz Night and come away winners. It was close, and we couldn't have done it without the help of one of the pub regulars that attached himself to our team, but in the end we wound up on the winner's side of the equation (I particularly liked "What's the world's largest invertebrate?"). We may have something of a dynasty going...
It was a busy day academically as well. I had my first exam in Sedimentology, and I suppose it could have gone much worse than it did, though I will reserve any further judgment until I actually see the grade. We did finally get our marks back for the web site we made way back in the first teaching block. The site isn't actually up yet, but hopefully it will be soon and you all will actually be able to see some of my work. Won't that be exciting?
Speaking of milestones, I came down with my first British cold today. Whoopee. I can assure you all that that's one thing we have in common, which I guess is comforting on some level. Just not as comforting as winning free beer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home