Of Sedimentology & Seafaring
I got back a couple of grades today, and I'm happy to say that I have now officially passed the class section of my masters (to be fair, there is a caveat: I need to get over 40% in my remaining classes, though I would hope that that won't be a problem...knock on wood). More of a surprise was my high score on the first Sedimentology exam; I bring this up not because I like to brag, but because I'm frankly amazed that I passed at all, let alone with flying colors. Enough about that, though...I saw my mom off this morning to return home by way of Copenhagen. We spent yesterday wandering around Bristol, mainly to the Cathedral and the maritime museum. The museum is far more fun than it may sound, and you get to go on board not only the world's first ocean liner but a replica of the first non-Viking European boat to reach the continental North America (John Cabot's Matthew, which I've thrown in a picture of at right).
Finally, a couple of links for you all. First of all, I've added some pictures on my Yahoo Photos page. They're in the "Bath" and "Wye Valley & The Cotswolds" albums. I plan to add a whole slew of Bristol photos soon, and I will of course post that link when it's ready to go. Also, my photo of Tintern Abbey seems to have generated a lot of interest, and as I know very little about it myself, I suggest you look at this site, which has some decent history and pictures.

1 Comments:
Well, let me be the first then to say congratulations! Or perhaps "well old chap!" is more appropriate...
Post a Comment
<< Home