It's the John Orcutt Show!
Two of the three John Orcutts of the world (or at least three that I know of) had lunch today in London. My uncle was in town for a few days, and I trained in to see him and my aunt. It was a nice day in London (on the surface, anyways; the tube was hellishly hot, and I think I'll do as much walking as possible if I visit London during the summer months again) and we went for lunch at the oldest Indian restaurant in Britain. It was one of those classic London restaurants where the staff basically treat you like royalty and charge you an arm and a leg for it. An excellent time was had by all, I think it's fair to say.Afterwards, I wandered down to Trafalgar Square (much more underwhelming than usual with Nelson's Column all wrapped up in scaffolding) and then went museum-ing at the National Gallery and (this being me, after all) the Natural History Museum. There's a possibility I might be in the background of a news story, as I walked past some big video set-up in Trafalgar Square, but don't you all rush out and order BBC America, as I doubt you'd even be able to tell it was me. Also, why is it that people always ask me for directions when I'm traveling (it even happened in Madrid, go figure)? Today a passer-by wanted to know the way to Covent Gardens. Now that I look at a map, I see that I was at least able to send him in the right direction, though of course I was useless with street names. I'm pretty sure he stopped listening as soon as he heard my accent, though...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home