Happy Canada Day!
Today marked the first day of my last full month in Bristol (and the defeat of England in the World Cup - a bad night to be out at a pub). It's an odd (but very good) feeling to realize that I'll be home the middle of next month. Of course, there's a good deal left to do, but even my research project is moving rapidly closer to being finished; I just got the go-ahead from Mike yesterday to start writing up my results, and I have high hopes of having a first draft within a couple of weeks. I still have a few trips that I want to make before I leave, too: Wells Cathedral, Oxford, and (if I can get a cheap rental car for a couple of days) the Dorset/South Devon Coast and Dartmoor. At any rate, I at least imagine that boredom won't be a huge problem during the next 43 days. Also, if any of you are interested in knowing what my class actually looks like (or if you just want to laugh at how hilariously awkward I always look in photos), you can check out these pictures from the departmental photo shoot; the masters students are in the third and fourth photos from the top, and those of us that have gotten into PhD programs are in the fifth.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home