Cities
I thought my top seven list for today would be about the best British cities (not to be confused with towns, which are clearly differentiated here, and which I'll do tomorrow). OK, here goes:7) Salisbury
More than just Stonehenge!
6) Wells
It's so small that calling it a city seems a bit of a stretch. Still, it's a gorgeous little Medieval gem, with cathedral and palace to boot.
5) Cardiff
A great place if you like Welsh culture and/or enormous rugby stadiums (the two of which are fairly well intermingled).
4) Bath
Come for the ruins, stay for the most "English" architecture in the country.
3) Cambridge
The sophisticated, intellectual (and, admittedly, pompous) England that I'd given up on finding in the real world. Punting in the Cam is just about as good as it gets.
2) Bristol
Not as scenic as Cambridge or Bath, perhaps, but much more "livable." Plus, the hills and harbor add a certain je ne sais quoi.
1) London
Duh. Next question.

1 Comments:
Salisbury: also steak.
Post a Comment
<< Home