Museums
I said yesterday that I was going to do today's top seven list on towns, but I realized that I haven't really been to seven towns here (what I can tell you that the title of Best Town is a dead heat between Bradford-on-Avon and Cromarty, Scotland). For the same reason, I can't do the top seven ruins (Tintern Abbey has to be #1, with Glastonbury Abbey and the Roman baths in Bath battling it out for second). So, for lack of anything better to do, I thought I'd cover the top seven museums. Here we go...
7) Courthouse Museum & Hugh Miller Museum, Cromarty
Every member of the Urquhart/Orcutt clan should visit the talking animatronic model of Sir Thomas at least once in their lives. It's an experience you won't soon forget...
6) @ Bristol
Like the PSC Butterfly House, but bigger, with more plants, birds, and piranhas.
5) Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge
A mini-British Museum. Worth it for the lobby alone.
4) National Museum of Wales
I can really only speak to the quality of the fossil gallery, as we spent a day on a field trip in there, but that was really good, so the rest must be too, right?
3) S.S. Great Britain, Bristol
You get to walk around the deck and cabins of the first ocean liner. How cool is that?
2) Natural History Museum, London
I suppose I'm a bit biased, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better museum building anywhere, especially if you like gargoyles.
1) British Museum, London
The museum to end all museums. How could it not be first?
7) Courthouse Museum & Hugh Miller Museum, Cromarty
Every member of the Urquhart/Orcutt clan should visit the talking animatronic model of Sir Thomas at least once in their lives. It's an experience you won't soon forget...
6) @ Bristol
Like the PSC Butterfly House, but bigger, with more plants, birds, and piranhas.
5) Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge
A mini-British Museum. Worth it for the lobby alone.
4) National Museum of Wales
I can really only speak to the quality of the fossil gallery, as we spent a day on a field trip in there, but that was really good, so the rest must be too, right?
3) S.S. Great Britain, Bristol
You get to walk around the deck and cabins of the first ocean liner. How cool is that?
2) Natural History Museum, London
I suppose I'm a bit biased, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better museum building anywhere, especially if you like gargoyles.
1) British Museum, London
The museum to end all museums. How could it not be first?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home